I’m on a 14-day probiotic power cleanse right now. I’ve been feeling amazing on it–I have so much energy that I feel like I could run a race at midnight. But I broke the cleanse on day 3 by accident with a lentil soup that wasn’t supposed to be a part of the cleanse. Oh well…here’s a recipe for you…
Give yourself a break on dinner tonight! This simple vegan lentil soup recipe from vegweb.com couldn’t be easier. It’s full of veggies, fiber, and protein for a complete meal.
Just throw everything in the crockpot and let it simmer all day while you work or play. Great for a satisfying family dinner on a cold winter’s night–just add some crusty bread on the side. Also makes enough for some quick leftover lunches for during the week.
Try it this week and comment below to let us know how you liked it.
- 6 cups veggie broth (or water and bouillon cubes)
- 2 cups dry brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium red potato, scrubbed and diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 large celery stalks, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 large tomatoes, diced
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- black pepper and sea salt, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons vegan margarine, optional (gives the soup a richer flavor)
- 1 1/2-2 cups fresh spinach, destemmed and torn into pieces – See more at: http://www.vegweb.com/recipes/easy-crockpot-lentil-soup#sthash.W9nu1BVO.dpuf
- Throw everything except the spinach in the crockpot, set to low, and simmer for 6 hours or until the lentils are soft.
- 20 minutes before you want to eat, stir in the spinach.
- Remove bay leaves before serving. Enjoy hot, with a piece of crusty bread!