This time of year it seems like you can get pumpkin-flavored just about anything! What’s your favorite pumpkin-flavored thing? I still say pumpkin pie….the real thing with flaky crust. But here’s a fresh taste of pumpkin pie you can even have on the go.
Try a healthy yummy vegan Pumpkin Pie Smoothie this week!
This recipe makes two servings of this yummy blended treat. Make one for you and surprise a friend!
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 1 frozen ripe banana
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1.5-2 tbsp pure maple syrup
1. In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the milk, oats, and chia seeds. Place in fridge for 1 hour or preferably overnight.
2. Add soaked oat mixture to blender along with the pumpkin, molasses, frozen banana, and spices. Blend until smooth.
3. Add about 5 ice cubes and blend until ice cold.
4. Add maple syrup to taste, stir, and enjoy!