It’s officially winter! Warm up this season with some yummy (& vegan) hot cocoa!
Vegan Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla or plain almond milk
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1.5 Tbsp dairy-free semisweet or dark chocolate
- Raw sugar or stevia
- Add almond milk to a large mug and microwave for 1 minute. Alternatively, add to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Once milk is warm, add cocoa powder, chocolate and sweetener and whisk to combine.
- Put back in microwave or continue cooking on stove top until completely combined and has reached your preferred temperature.
- Taste and adjust sweetness as needed.
Tip: Switch it up by adding 1/2 tsp peppermint extract!
Coconut Whipped Cream Recipe
- 1 14-ounce can coconut cream , or full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 – 3/4 cup icing/powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Chill your coconut cream or coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight, being sure not to shake or tip the can to encourage separation of the cream and liquid.
- The next day, chill a large mixing bowl 10 minutes before whipping.
- Remove the coconut cream or milk from the fridge without tipping or shaking and remove the lid. Scrape out the top, thickened cream and leave the liquid behind (reserve for use in smoothies).
- Place hardened cream in your chilled mixing bowl. Beat for 30 seconds with a mixer until creamy. Then add vanilla (optional) and powdered sugar and mix until creamy and smooth – about 1 minute. Taste and adjust sweetness as needed.
- Use immediately or refrigerate – it will harden and set in the fridge the longer it’s chilled. Will keep for up to 1 – 2 weeks!