BBQ season is upon us! Need a quick and easy pot luck or side dish for your next get-together? Try this easy vegan Black Bean and Corn Salad recipe.
It’s a colorful and delicious addition to any summer party spread. Make the recipe as is for the family, or double for a big potluck portion. Use non-GMO corn if you can, so it’s better for you!
- 2 cups black beans (or one 15- to 16-ounce can drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups cooked corn kernels, preferably fresh (from 2 large or 3 medium ears)
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halves
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro, optional
- 1 tablespoons minced fresh oregano, or 1/2 teaspoons dried
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup good-quality vinaigrette (homemade or store-bought)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss thoroughly. Only use enough vinaigrette to coat the salad without soaking everything.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve
- Bring to room temperature and season to taste with salt and pepper
- Serve and enjoy!