A fun family activity this time of year and heading out to the local U-Pick Apple Orchard and bringing home bushels of fresh, juicy apples right from the tree.
Not sure what to do with them all? Try this vegan apple pie recipe and fill your house with the warm smells of fall and treat yourself to this old-fashioned sweet treat.
- 1 store bought vegan pie crust
- 4 large organic apples-1 tsp. ground cinammon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 cup vegan sugar
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tbsps. flour
- 1 Earth Balance vegan buttery stick (1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Wash, peel, and chop your apples. Place them in a bowl.
- Add the cinammon, nutmeg, sugar, flour, and lime juice. Mix well.
- Pour the apples on the pie crust.
- In a separate bowl place the buttery stick, the flour, and the sugar. Using your hands, combine the ingredients until they form a dough. Make one big dough ball and break into four smaller dough balls. Each dough ball should cover about 1/4 of the pie. Using your hands, flaten the dough balls as if you were making tortillas and start covering up the pie until it is completely covered.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Let it cool and dig in!