It’s Mother’s Day! Let’s take a moment to give appreciation to all the Moms we know. Being a mother is the most important and one of the hardest jobs there is, but it is also one of the most rewarding.
If you’re a mom, along with whatever other celebrations you have planned today, give yourself some extra time and attention. It’s a day to celebrate you!
Not a mom? Me neither. Take a moment to share your gratitude with your mom. There’s no other relationship like it and you wouldn’t be around if it weren’t for your mom.
Here are the Top 5 ways to spend Mother’s Day –have a fulfilling and relaxing day this year!
- Indugle in some dark chocolate. Eating dark chocolate regularly is linked to a lower risk of heart attack and stroke. And it’s just plain delicious. So indulge a little.
- Make plans to visit with friends. Call a friend you haven’t seen in a while and make plans to do lunch or just meet at the park one day this week. Give yourself something to look forward to and keep the celebration going.
- Set aside 30-minutes for quiet and solitude. Either go for a long walk and get some perspective or spend 30-minutes in quiet meditation. After day after day of endless chores, trips to after-school activities, and working, remind yourself of the value of a few minutes of peace and quiet. With hope, it will recharge you and the habit will stick even past Mother’s Day!
- Give yourself a 15-minute facial. Wash your face. Coat it with mashed-up avocado. Let dry and rinse off.
- Enjoy a nice, long bubble bath. Make a “Do Not Disturb” rule–you deserve at least one day out of the year where you can dim the lights, light some candles, and relax in a hot bubble bath without the little ones knocking on the door. Try adding some calming essential oils like vanilla or lavender to the water for added effect. If you like, bring along that book you’ve been meaning to get to and escape reality for a 1/2 hour or so while you soothe away your stress.
How are you spending Mother’s Day? Comment below so we can live vicariously through you!