One of my friends posted on Facebook that she made carrot cake and it reminded me of my most favorite carrot cake recipe that I haven’t made in a long time.
If you like carrot cake, you have got to try this recipe! Sharing this with you is making me want to make it this weekend….
Comment on how you like this recipe, and share your favorite carrot cake recipe below!
- 2 & 1/3 C all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground or freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 C pineapple juice
- 1/2 C canola oil (I use coconut oil these days; if I use canola oil, always get organic so non-GMO)
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/2 C pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 C macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 C unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 C carrots, grated
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift the ingredients from flour to nutmeg (in order above).
- Mix the wet ingredients (from pineapple juice to vanilla extract).
- Add the dry to the wet ingredients in batches.
- Pour in two lightly greased 8-in round springform cake pans (I like to use cast iron pans).
- Bake 40-45 min.
1/4 cup vegan butter (I use regular butter) at room temperature (Earth Balance brand is vegan)
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted (I use less sugar, to taste)
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
Cream the frosting until light and fluffy. Add the coconut milk and vanilla and combine. Add the confectioners sugar and mix until smooth. (Can use hand held mixer). Add the coconut, mix to combine, and refrigerate until ready to use.
Source: Vegan with a Vengeance
Isa Chandra Moskowitz