Love the rich flavors in natural nut butters? My favorite combination is almond butter and maple syrup on freshly made sourdough English muffin. Nut butters are so versatile–making a great dip for fruits and veggies, perfect for a high protein snack, and even a yummy addition to smoothies.
Have you ever made a quick and easy nut butter at home? There are plenty of variations to try, but here’s a recipe for a a delicious Toasted Almond, Cashew, and Coconut Butter to get started with. You’ll want to eat it right off the spoon!
- 1 cup raw unsalted almonds
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 3 tablespoons organic shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or any other oil of your choice–this is optional but helps with getting that creamy texture)
- Salt (to taste)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl except the olive oil and salt, and then roast for 15 minutes at 180C. Make sure not to burn the mixture.
- Let the mixture cool, then transfer to a food processor and blend until creamy (10-15 minutes), opening every now and again to scrape down the sides. Add your oil if you will be using it, and salt to taste.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge. Eat with toast, on fruit or even in smoothies!
Try your hand at making homemade nut butter and let us know what you think! The possibilities are endless 🙂