Winter = Cold & Cough Season (no surprise there!)
A nagging cough can really disrupt things. You don’t want to be coughing around your patients, it can make it hard to sleep which leaves you groggy all day, and you just plain feel bad.
Soothe your throat and get a rest from the coughing the next time you or someone in your family have an icky cold with these homemade cough drops.
- 4 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup lemon-ginger honey
- 3/4 cup mint sugar
- Prepare a loaf pan with parchment paper and lightly greased with coconut oil.
- Over low heat, simply melt the oil and sugar and honey together over low heat. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil and boil until it’s at a hardball stage, about 250°.
- Pour the mixture carefully into the loaf pan and allow to cool just long enough to handle, about 10 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into 32 equal pieces (CAUTION: May still be hot in some places).
- Optional: You may wrap them in wax or plastic paper if you desire, or carefully dust the pieces with cornstarch to keep them separate.
- Store at room temp in an air tight container for up to 1 year.