Halloween is right around the corner! Before you know it we’ll be surrounded by all manner of tricks and treats–most of the them processed and laden with chemicals that we try to avoid. Better keep something on hand that you feel good about eating. Here’s a fun recipe for some cute–and spooky–ghostly vegan rice krispies treats. It’s the perfect treat to bring along to a Halloween party and share!
Here’s how to make them: Ingredients:
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal (you can use the regular, gluten free, or brown rice versions)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/2 cup agave or honey
- Melted coconut butter or white chocolate (vegan, of course!)
- Mini chocolate chips
- Mix nut butter, agave/honey, and salt and melt it together in the microwave or stove, stirring well to get out the lumps.
- Add vanilla extract and stir
- In a large bowl, pour the mixture of the Rice Krispies and stir until the cereal is completely coated.
- Line an 8×8 pan with max paper and press the mixture firmly into the pan (put a piece of wax paper on top, too, to keep your hands from sticking)
- Freeze for at least 30 minutes
- Slice into bars, then dip 1/2 of the treat into the melted coconut butter or white chocolate
- Add two little mini chocolate chips for eyes
Store in the fridge, or covered in a cool place. Trick or Treat!