It’s winter, and our feet have been trapped in boots for too long! Don’t wait for the next warm, summer day to treat your toes to some TLC. Keeping up with regular pedicures even in the cold season keeps your skin soft and healthy. As an added bonus, nothing says “Pamper Me!” like a long, hot foot soak after a long day at work on your feet.
Here’s a simple and inexpensive way to restore your winterized feet to their summer glory:
1. Wash your feet well with a skin-softening soap, being sure to get the tops and bottom of your feet, in between your toes, and your ankle area. Pat dry.
2. Fill a basin or pedicure tub with hot water.
3. Add 1-2 cups of epsom salt to the water. Swish the salt around so there is an even layer on the bottom to rest your feet upon.
4. Rest the bottoms of your feet on the salt and sit back and relax. Let your feet soak until the water has completely cooled.
5. Remove your feet and gently pat dry. Let them air dry for 5-10 minutes–don’t exfoliate any dry skin yet!
6. After letting them rest, use a clean pumice stone or foot file to gently rub away the rough dry skin that the salt has loosened.
7. Soak one more time in clean, warm water, than pat dry.
8. Finish with a nice moisturizing lotion followed by some thick socks to help your skin absorb more of the creme. If you can do this right before bed, you’ll get maximum results by sleeping in the socks all night.
9. In the morning- remove the socks and marvel at your smooth, soft, and relaxed your tooties feel!