Do you ever crave for something sweet to eat, and wish you didn’t have to feel guilty? Try making a batch of these wholesome chocolate energy bites and storing them in the fridge for one of those moments.
They’re made with almond butter, coconut, figs, chocolate, honey, and flaxseed AND take only a few minutes to make.
Comment on how you like this recipe, and share your favorite sweet and non-guilty recipe below!
- 1 cup almond butter (or other nut butter)
- 1.5 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 8-10 dried black figs, stems removed
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- 4 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-2 scoops protein powder of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) to a food processor
- Turn food processor on and let ingredients mix until dried figs are completely broken down and incorporated
- Mix in chocolate chips
- Shape mixture into bite size balls
- Place in the refrigerator to help harden
- Keep leftovers in the fridge