Do you like to freshen up your house with scents, but don’t like the harsh, unknown chemicals in the store brands? Easily make your own!
What are your favorite scents? I enjoy lavender tea tree oil. Also, anything with vanilla in it is yummy.
It only takes a few minutes to create your own personalized room sprays with essential oils. As an added bonus, benefit from aromatherapy based on what oils you use.
It’s so easy!
- Start with a clean 4-ounce fine-misting glass or metal spray bottle.
- Add 2 ounces distilled water
- Add 1 ounce carrier oil drops (or alcohol)
- Note: If you don’t want to use the alcohol, you can leave it out, but the scent won’t last as long
- Add 5-20 drops of the essential oil(s) of your choice.
- Shake well before each use
Spray in the air, on linens, on the couch, in the car- anywhere!
Some aromatherapy blend ideas:
- Calming: valerian, lavender, chamomile
- Energizing: grapefruit, basil, rosemary, peppermint
- Confidence Boosting: orange and rosemary
- Deodorizing: rosemary, mint, eucalyptus, lemon, oregano
What’s your favorite blend? Comment below to share!