Looking for a rich and decadent dessert that’s still good for your body?
Try this quick and easy chocolate pudding recipe made with chia seeds. If you aren’t familiar with them, chia seeds are versatile in recipes and high in protein, omega-3 oils, fiber, calcium, and iron. Plus, they make the pudding super filling, so you don’t need much to be satisfied. Now, I admit that I personally seem to break out in a rash when I eat chia seeds and have heard it can happen to people….so if it happens to you, don’t eat I anymore. Many people eat it & don’t get rashes…
Here’s how to make it yourself:
- 2-1/2 cups coconut or almond milk
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 6 TBSP cocoa powder (or you can substitute with carob powder)
- 2 scoops stevia powder (1/16 tsp)
- 1/8 cup natural sugar alternative, like Xylitol
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Grind the chia seeds in a coffee grinder (if you have a high powered blender like a Vitamix you can skip this step and just add them right into the blender in the next step)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth
- Pour into a storage container and refrigerate for 5-10 minutes to let it thicken up
- Serve and enjoy!
Makes 3-4 servings
If you like, top with coconut, chopped nuts, or vegan coconut whipped cream.