Did you know that most business owners work more hours each week then a full-time employee? Especially when you count all the admin, marketing, and planning done outside of seeing clients/patients.
When you’re kept busy with your practice during the day and then come home to family and house responsibilities, sometimes having a break in the middle of the day is better than in the evening.
As a holistic practitioner, you know how important it is to make time for you and your health. Try something new this week and use your lunch break to get fit, relax, and recharge.
Here are 5 ways to use your lunch break more wisely and try them out this week:
- #1 Get your blood pumping: It doesn’t need to be a long, sweaty workout for it to make a difference. Try a 20 minute power walk, or, if the weather isn’t cooperating, do a few sets of crunches and push-ups in a private part of the office.
- #2 Take a power nap: If you have a quiet place where you can be undisturbed, a short, 20-minute nap can be just the thing to refresh your mind and recharge for the afternoon.
- #3 Get pampered: Make an appointment for a shampoo and haircut, massage, or manicure during your lunch hour. There’s nothing like taking a break and having someone pamper you in the middle of a long day of taking care of others.
- #4 Enjoy the silence: Take some quiet time for yourself. Turn off your cell phone and treat yourself to a short meditation, a slow walk through the forest preserve, or just sit back and listen to some soothing music.
- #5 Make eating your lunch an event: You could go alone and eat in a pretty park and embrace the solitude. Or, invite a couple friends or coworkers to join you for a fun, social lunch and laugh your lunch break away sharing stories and joking around.
Comment below — what is one fun or relaxing thing you’re going to do for lunch break this week? Change it up! Do something you’ve never done before during lunch, and share what you plan to do below.